You Can’t Print Money, But Here’s How You Can Save It with Better Printing Supplies
Printing supplies, such as barcode labels, are often treated as a commodity. Many companies buy cheap labels because the up-front costs are lower, and they think they’ll save money.
However, the up-front cost savings often come with a long-term price. When you’re using low-grade and low-cost labels and printing supplies, you can end up spending a lot more money on your printers, and as a result, costing your company a lot of money in lost productivity.
Here are the hidden expenses that result from using low-cost printing supplies and how you can save considerable long-term cost by investing in better quality.
- Low-cost labels are often produced with substandard and inconsistent materials that can damage expensive equipment such as your label printer printheads. Many have sandpaper-like surfaces that cause printhead elements to fail prematurely, which costs you hundreds or thousands of dollars in early replacements.
Premature printhead wear can also result in poor print quality and unreadable labels. That means more re-scanning and delays in your workflows as your workers deal with these issues.
- If you’re using cheap labels for direct thermal printing, heat sensitivities often become an issue, and lower quality materials often require constant adjustments to your printer settings to avoid barcode scanning issues.
- If you’re using pre-printed colors on your labels but buying them from a low-cost manufacturer, your colors can actually end up transferring to your printhead and causing an ink buildup that slows down your printing and can cause print quality issues.
- Low-cost labels are generally produced for the most basic applications and not for applications where labels might be exposed to sunlight, moisture, water, or chemicals. If you choose cheap labels and they’re not made with the right materials to withstand these conditions, you can easily end up with damaged and unreadable barcodes and information.
- Adhesion is another common problem with low-cost barcode labels because they’re often produced with substandard adhesives and aren’t matched to specific labeling applications. Your labels can end up peeling or falling off, leaving your assets, products, or shipments unidentified and not trackable.
- Buying cheap labels often means you’ll end up buying cheap supplies or potentially mismatching your low-cost label with your printer ribbon. Since specific labeling applications require a proper match between the label and ribbon, the wrong ribbon can quickly cause print fading and rub-off.
How to Avoid High Long-Term Labeling Costs
At Informs, we work with our customers to minimize long-term labeling and operational costs by matching the right printing supplies with your application requirements and avoiding the commodity trap.
In our experience, our best recommendation is to invest in Zebra-certified printing supplies. Zebra’s labels, ribbons, and printing supplies are manufactured with consistent and ISO-certified processes, which ensures the highest quality and performance.
They’re rigorously pre-tested on Zebra printers to assess printhead wear, and they’re thoroughly tested for adhesion, durability, and scannability according to the environment and demands of each application.
In the end, you get labels that print and perform flawlessly, reduce your printhead wear and related costs, reduce your supplies usage, and save your workers hundreds or even thousands of hours in reprinting, printer adjustments, servicing, or repairs.
As an added bonus, if you use Zebra printers and agree to use Zebra supplies exclusively, you get 100% protection against premature printhead failure. If a printhead ever fails early, it will be replaced at no cost.
To learn more about Zebra supplies and get expert advice for your application, contact our labeling experts at Informs for more information.
Time is money. And if you’re spending too much time dealing with unreliable printers and equipment in your warehouse or distribution center, you are losing money. Today that changes. Because Informs and Honeywell have collaborated to bring you printing solutions that deliver exceptional quality and unparalleled reliability. No matter how challenging the task or demanding the environment, Informs has the Honeywell product to take you to the next level.
With years of expertise and dedicated support, Informs is your go-to supplier for the most robust and dependable Honeywell industrial printers and printer media supplies. Whether it be thermal printing technology or Smart Labels that incorporate UHF inlays, Informs has the solution to meet your most imposing printing challenges.
Experience the ingenuity behind these stellar Honeywell printer media solutions:
Barcode Labels offer the broadest scope of printing support, including thermal printing technology, that can be used with both direct thermal and thermal transfer printers and are tear, heat and moisture resistant. Products include:
- Direct Thermal Paper Labels
- Thermal Transfer Paper Labels
- Thermal Transfer Film Labels
Barcode Tags deliver durable, accurate and superior performance tag media to tackle the most demanding tracking applications, across multiple price points and performance measurements. Available in:
- Synthetic Face Stock
Receipt Media provides the highest-level print quality of Honeywell’s Duratherm™ direct-thermal receipt paper, available in top-coated, as well as uncoated rolls.
- Custom products, such as linerless labels, are also available.
- Duratherm Receipt is co-engineered with Honeywell printers to provide maximum performance and extended print head life when used together.
RFID Labels are Smart Labels that actually combine the most up-to-date UHF inlays with a variety of thermal printing materials, including thermal transfer or direct thermal printing and chip encoding. Applications include:
- Inventory Management
- Asset Tracking
- Consumer Goods Distribution
- Document and Record Tracking
Thermal Ribbons produce crystal-clear, smear-proof text and barcodes on an array of materials (paper and film) by combining Honeywell’s thermal transfer ThermaMAX™ ribbons with co-engineered labels and tags. Products include:
- TMX1000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
- TMX2000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
- TMX3000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
Wristbands are resistant to hand sanitizers and other cleansers, providing tamper-evident features, positive patient identification and even patient comfort. Products include:
To prove how serious we are about supporting your most extreme printing demands, we are offering a FREE PRINT MEDIA SAMPLE KIT! Simply complete the online form, and your kit will be sent to you free of charge. There’s absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain! Learn how
Request your free media kit here. Let Informs help you take back control of your time and your money – for FREE!
Make working smarter, not harder, your New Year’s resolution! Informs and Honeywell can help you achieve this goal with the newest innovation in printing solutions – Honeywell Smart Printers. By integrating the functionality of a personal computer into a Smart Printer, businesses are able to boost productivity, reduce operating costs and improve accuracy.
Informs brings you Honeywell Smart Printing technology, where the “intelligence” of a computer is actually inside the printer, completely eliminating the need for a connected PC. Smart Printing utilizes the memory and processing capabilities of advanced printers to connect to and control devices, run printing operations and integrate with enterprise systems. This is all accomplished independently, without requiring a network connection to a separate host computer.
This truly sets Smart Printers apart from standard models. Smart Printers run software applications and function as a programmable logic controller to other devices, such as scales, scanners and label applicators. Many Smart Printers provide software connectivity options to enterprise systems, essentially removing the need for middleware or custom interface development. Plus, Smart Printers are easier to install and quite simply, smarter by design.
Self-management is another invaluable attribute of Smart Printers. This enables the printer to: 1) monitor print quality, 2) automatically adjust bar code position to accommodate a failing printhead and 3) provide troubleshooting instructions to the operator when self-correction is not available. In high-volume, automated environments where downtime is not an option, Smart Printers that are compatible with enterprise device management systems are not only a bonus, but a must.
By eradicating the need for additional PCs and cables that require installation and maintenance, the simplified system architecture of Honeywell Smart Printers significantly lowers your total cost of ownership. And with more onboard memory than computer-dependent printers, Smart Printers speed up common maintenance tasks and maximize workflows. The bottom line – your New Year’s resolution to implement Smart Printing into your daily operations will help you lower IT, networking and support costs, simplify routine tasks and streamline overall printing processes. Now that’s the way to ring in a new year!
Let’s recap the numerous advantages of Honeywell Smart Printers.
- Operates independently from a host computer.
- Acts as a programmable logic controller for peripheral devices, such as scanners, scales and keyboards.
- Drives databases that automatically include product codes, unit prices, customer ID numbers and the like in the printed output.
- Processes multiple transactions, executes payment and runs standalone apps.
- Connects instantly to scales, bar code scanners and other peripherals.
- Formats variable data input into information on printed labels, receipts or documents.
- Functions in mobile environments where wireless networks and host devices are not available.
- Offers self-diagnostic, troubleshooting and remote management capabilities.
With a variety of Honeywell Smart Printer models available, Informs can help guide you to the perfect Smart Printing solution.
- High Performance Printers
- Mid-Range Printers
- Commercial Printers
- Ultra-Compact Printers
- Mobile Label Printers
- Mobile Receipt Printers
- Workboard Printers
At Informs, we have the knowledge, training and expertise to guide you through the process of implementing Smart Printing technology into your organization. Contact us today for a FREE hands-on demo of one of the smartest decisions you’ll make this year!
When you make a significant investment in technology, you’re investing in more than just the products you’re buying. Ultimately, what you really want to purchase is peace of mind. But in this day and age where it’s all about the quick sale, that sentiment is rare. At Informs, we understand that a purchase is so much more than a product. It’s about service. It’s about support. It’s about a relationship. That’s why Informs is more than one of the largest Honeywell resellers in the United States. We are your partner. We are your support. We are your personal helpdesk. Because service shouldn’t end when you purchase a product. At Informs, this is just the beginning.
Whether you need system and device configuration, custom packaging and kitting, software preloading or special volume-based pricing, our comprehensive array of services are designed to meet your unique needs. Knowledgeable, attentive and available 24/7, the Informs team of experts can guide you through program implementation and integration, develop plans to help you streamline processes and ensure that you have the support you need, right when you need it, as long as you need it. Now that’s peace of mind.
We have a multitude of services to accommodate your specific requirements:
- Online Ordering Systems and Customer Storefronts
- Custom Billing and Reporting
- Prototyping Pilot Programs
- 24/7 Hardware, Software, Application and Connectivity Support
- Overnight Replacement and Warranty Management
- Secure Mobile Device Management
- Quarterly Business and Analytics Data Review
- 24/7 Support
- Maintenance and Service Programs
- Depot and Onsite Repair
- Spare Pool Management
- National Coverage
- Site Surveys
- Network Design
- Application Development
- System Integration
- RFID Solutions
- Onsite Management
- Inventory Monitoring
- Purchase and Usage Tracking
- Backup Stock Replenishment
Supply Chain Logistics
- Blind Drop Shipping
- Integration with Electronic Data Interchange
- Customized Box and Pallet Labels
- Remote Webinars
- Onsite Training
- Instruction Manuals
In addition, Informs specialists have extensive training and proficiency in cutting-edge Honeywell technology, like the Mobility Edge™ platform, Smart Printing and OS migration. Informs offers more than products, they deliver full-scale solutions. They develop a roadmap to help you integrate these enterprise solutions throughout your organization to drive revenue, increase productivity, simplify daily operations and improve worker satisfaction. When you purchase a Honeywell product from Informs, you purchase a relationship. You purchase a skilled and knowledgeable professional who can take you seamlessly from delivery to implementation and guide you through every step in between. When you purchase Honeywell products and solutions from Informs, you purchase peace of mind.
This invaluable 24/7 support, guidance and dedication to your success is Informs’ commitment to every customer. Contact us today to start building a partnership that will elevate you above the competition.
We are living in a mobile world, constantly connected to our mobile devices, whether at work, at home or at play. With employee productivity soaring, thanks to the widely accepted influx of BYOD, the mobile possibilities are limitless. But with constant security threats looming, how do you know what operating system is the safest and smartest choice for enterprise mobility management (EMM)?
Android Enterprise is a compelling choice and one that is rapidly becoming the preferred operating system for workforce enterprises. Organizations are capitalizing on its platform diversity, form factor and application flexibility and fluid improvements to security. The end result is a substantial improvement to daily operations, worker satisfaction and performance.
Offering a secure and consistent platform, Google designed data separation, security controls and standardized management tools throughout the Android framework, enabling companies to seamlessly deploy a multitude of Android devices. Businesses are achieving more, in less time, with a significant reduction in cost.
Let’s review some of the critical benefits Android Enterprise offers:
- Full and Flexible Management for Company-Owned Devices
- Policy controls
- Strick lock-down
- Single-use scenarios
- Multiple layers of built-in security powered by Google Intelligence
- Always-on app analysis, scanning and removal
- EMM enforced policy controls
- Hardened platform security for device and data integrity
- Mandatory device encryption and exploit mitigation
- Options to Deploy Company Devices at Scale
- EMM Token
- QR Code
- Modern Approach to BYOD
- Separates work profiles from personal apps
- IT accessibility to business data
- Personal end-user data remains private
- World’s Largest App Ecosystem
- Apps distributed to a global audience
- Integration with major enterprise mobility management providers
- Distribution of corporate apps with one click
- Application Management
- Third-party and internal app management, configuration and deployment
- Remote provisioning and configuration
- White listed apps pushed to employees
- Consistent and easily managed updates
- Supported Management Scenarios:
- Work Profile – BYOD
- Work Managed – COBO
- Single Use – COSU
- Work Profiles on Fully Managed Devices – COPE
Android Enterprise also delivers mobile solutions for every worker and every situation – from employee phones and tablets to rugged devices designed for extreme environments. But with so many options on the market, how can you ensure that you select products and services that best meet your business needs?
Android Enterprise Recommended was designed for just this reason and to empower companies to find their perfect mobile enterprise solution. Android Enterprise Recommended provides you with the necessary tools to confidently select, deploy and manage mobile devices throughout your entire organization, saving you time and money.
Here are a few of the Android Enterprise Recommended devices:
- Honeywell Dolphin CT40
- Honeywell Dolphin CT60
- Honeywell Dolphin CN80
Now that the fog of mystery and confusion has been lifted from enterprise mobility management services, it’s time to deploy innovative, secure and flexible mobile solutions throughout your organization with Android Enterprise, supported by Android Enterprise Recommended Honeywell devices.
It has been said that “motion has no past, only future”. With Informs, our goal is to keep you mobile and moving forward. Contact an Informs mobility expert today to move forward with a seamless transition to the Android operating system.
Out with the old and in with the new is not always the case. Customers working in the arduous enterprise environment demand longer usage lifecycle from their mobile devices, up to five years longer than the average smartphone user. But expecting said workforce mobile devices to maintain functionality, given the precarious nature of support coverage, patches and new releases, is definitely easier said than done. Until today.
Informs appreciates the magnitude of transitioning to a modern mobility platform and how critical it is that you understand your mobile OS transition options and make well-informed decisions about how to best support your enterprise environment. Informs sales, service and technical experts are knowledgeable in the latest industry trends and product trainings and are fully capable of guiding you through this complex transition. So, if you’re ready to transition to enhanced security, greater productivity and improved performance across your enterprise, you’ve come to the right place!
There’s a good chance you are facing the same dilemma other companies are experiencing, which is the end of support for a legacy Microsoft operating system. Saying good-bye to mainstream support and regular updates is difficult to imagine. But considering a transition plan for multiple devices and operating systems across your entire enterprise can be utterly terrifying. Fortunately, you’re not alone. Informs and Honeywell understand this challenge and have collaborated to deliver solutions that will bring you peace of mind and cohesion across your organization.
Given its large market share and extensive ecosystem of apps, developers and VARs, Android has evolved into the prevalent operating system for workforce enterprises, and for good reason. Let’s review the key elements that make Android the smart OS transition plan.
Mitigating security risks and protecting vital data are top priorities on everyone’s OS solutions checklist. Android delivers the highest level of security by deploying application isolation and exploit mitigation techniques. Users can also implement lockdown techniques through mobile device management or Honeywell Enterprise Launcher to further reduce the risk of malware intrusion. Simply stated, this limits what the user can do and what apps can run on the system.
- Added Features
Android Enterprise has added features like bulk provisioning to speed device setup, device owner mode to allow fully managed devices at the corporate level, always-on VPN and encryption enabled by default to protect personal and corporate data.
- Compatible Hardware
Selecting the right hardware is crucial. The smart choice is hardware that can support multiple operating systems, like the Honeywell CN75 and CK75 Series or the Honeywell CN51 mobile computer. With these mobile devices, you can choose either the Windows Embedded Handheld platform or Android, and Windows Embedded Handheld devices can be converted to Android at a future date. This allows existing legacy applications to continue running until your entire enterprise is ready to transition to Android.
Now that you know what the solution is, the next step is getting there. But how to do that without getting lost and frustrated along the way is fundamental. New apps, adapting workflows and changing mobile devices can be overwhelming. Informs can help you transition safely, securely and with minimal disruption to your day-to-day operations.
When you’re ready to deploy a strategic OS transition plan for your enterprise mobile devices, trust the Informs specialists, who fully understand the industry and can confidently and adeptly recommend the best products, services and solutions to meet your unique and specific needs. Every time.