Make working smarter, not harder, your New Year’s resolution! Informs and Honeywell can help you achieve this goal with the newest innovation in printing solutions – Honeywell Smart Printers. By integrating the functionality of a personal computer into a Smart Printer, businesses are able to boost productivity, reduce operating costs and improve accuracy.
Informs brings you Honeywell Smart Printing technology, where the “intelligence” of a computer is actually inside the printer, completely eliminating the need for a connected PC. Smart Printing utilizes the memory and processing capabilities of advanced printers to connect to and control devices, run printing operations and integrate with enterprise systems. This is all accomplished independently, without requiring a network connection to a separate host computer.
This truly sets Smart Printers apart from standard models. Smart Printers run software applications and function as a programmable logic controller to other devices, such as scales, scanners and label applicators. Many Smart Printers provide software connectivity options to enterprise systems, essentially removing the need for middleware or custom interface development. Plus, Smart Printers are easier to install and quite simply, smarter by design.
Self-management is another invaluable attribute of Smart Printers. This enables the printer to: 1) monitor print quality, 2) automatically adjust bar code position to accommodate a failing printhead and 3) provide troubleshooting instructions to the operator when self-correction is not available. In high-volume, automated environments where downtime is not an option, Smart Printers that are compatible with enterprise device management systems are not only a bonus, but a must.
By eradicating the need for additional PCs and cables that require installation and maintenance, the simplified system architecture of Honeywell Smart Printers significantly lowers your total cost of ownership. And with more onboard memory than computer-dependent printers, Smart Printers speed up common maintenance tasks and maximize workflows. The bottom line – your New Year’s resolution to implement Smart Printing into your daily operations will help you lower IT, networking and support costs, simplify routine tasks and streamline overall printing processes. Now that’s the way to ring in a new year!
Let’s recap the numerous advantages of Honeywell Smart Printers.
- Operates independently from a host computer.
- Acts as a programmable logic controller for peripheral devices, such as scanners, scales and keyboards.
- Drives databases that automatically include product codes, unit prices, customer ID numbers and the like in the printed output.
- Processes multiple transactions, executes payment and runs standalone apps.
- Connects instantly to scales, bar code scanners and other peripherals.
- Formats variable data input into information on printed labels, receipts or documents.
- Functions in mobile environments where wireless networks and host devices are not available.
- Offers self-diagnostic, troubleshooting and remote management capabilities.
With a variety of Honeywell Smart Printer models available, Informs can help guide you to the perfect Smart Printing solution.
- High Performance Printers
- Mid-Range Printers
- Commercial Printers
- Ultra-Compact Printers
- Mobile Label Printers
- Mobile Receipt Printers
- Workboard Printers
At Informs, we have the knowledge, training and expertise to guide you through the process of implementing Smart Printing technology into your organization. Contact us today for a FREE hands-on demo of one of the smartest decisions you’ll make this year!
Out with the old and in with the new is not always the case. Customers working in the arduous enterprise environment demand longer usage lifecycle from their mobile devices, up to five years longer than the average smartphone user. But expecting said workforce mobile devices to maintain functionality, given the precarious nature of support coverage, patches and new releases, is definitely easier said than done. Until today.
Informs appreciates the magnitude of transitioning to a modern mobility platform and how critical it is that you understand your mobile OS transition options and make well-informed decisions about how to best support your enterprise environment. Informs sales, service and technical experts are knowledgeable in the latest industry trends and product trainings and are fully capable of guiding you through this complex transition. So, if you’re ready to transition to enhanced security, greater productivity and improved performance across your enterprise, you’ve come to the right place!
There’s a good chance you are facing the same dilemma other companies are experiencing, which is the end of support for a legacy Microsoft operating system. Saying good-bye to mainstream support and regular updates is difficult to imagine. But considering a transition plan for multiple devices and operating systems across your entire enterprise can be utterly terrifying. Fortunately, you’re not alone. Informs and Honeywell understand this challenge and have collaborated to deliver solutions that will bring you peace of mind and cohesion across your organization.
Given its large market share and extensive ecosystem of apps, developers and VARs, Android has evolved into the prevalent operating system for workforce enterprises, and for good reason. Let’s review the key elements that make Android the smart OS transition plan.
Mitigating security risks and protecting vital data are top priorities on everyone’s OS solutions checklist. Android delivers the highest level of security by deploying application isolation and exploit mitigation techniques. Users can also implement lockdown techniques through mobile device management or Honeywell Enterprise Launcher to further reduce the risk of malware intrusion. Simply stated, this limits what the user can do and what apps can run on the system.
- Added Features
Android Enterprise has added features like bulk provisioning to speed device setup, device owner mode to allow fully managed devices at the corporate level, always-on VPN and encryption enabled by default to protect personal and corporate data.
- Compatible Hardware
Selecting the right hardware is crucial. The smart choice is hardware that can support multiple operating systems, like the Honeywell CN75 and CK75 Series or the Honeywell CN51 mobile computer. With these mobile devices, you can choose either the Windows Embedded Handheld platform or Android, and Windows Embedded Handheld devices can be converted to Android at a future date. This allows existing legacy applications to continue running until your entire enterprise is ready to transition to Android.
Now that you know what the solution is, the next step is getting there. But how to do that without getting lost and frustrated along the way is fundamental. New apps, adapting workflows and changing mobile devices can be overwhelming. Informs can help you transition safely, securely and with minimal disruption to your day-to-day operations.
When you’re ready to deploy a strategic OS transition plan for your enterprise mobile devices, trust the Informs specialists, who fully understand the industry and can confidently and adeptly recommend the best products, services and solutions to meet your unique and specific needs. Every time.
Time is money. And if you’re spending too much time dealing with unreliable printers and equipment in your warehouse or distribution center, you are losing money. Today that changes. Because Informs and Honeywell have collaborated to bring you printing solutions that deliver exceptional quality and unparalleled reliability. No matter how challenging the task or demanding the environment, Informs has the Honeywell product to take you to the next level.
With years of expertise and dedicated support, Informs is your go-to supplier for the most robust and dependable Honeywell industrial printers and printer media supplies. Whether it be thermal printing technology or Smart Labels that incorporate UHF inlays, Informs has the solution to meet your most imposing printing challenges.
Experience the ingenuity behind these stellar Honeywell printer media solutions:
- Barcode Labels offer the broadest scope of printing support, including thermal printing technology, that can be used with both direct thermal and thermal transfer printers and are tear, heat and moisture resistant. Products include:
- Direct Thermal Paper Labels
- Thermal Transfer Paper Labels
- Thermal Transfer Film Labels
- Barcode Tags deliver durable, accurate and superior performance tag media to tackle the most demanding tracking applications, across multiple price points and performance measurements. Available in:
- Synthetic Face Stock
- Receipt Media provides the highest-level print quality of Honeywell’s Duratherm™ direct-thermal receipt paper, available in top-coated, as well as uncoated rolls.
- Custom products, such as linerless labels, are also available.
- Duratherm Receipt is co-engineered with Honeywell printers to provide maximum performance and extended print head life when used together.
- RFID Labels are Smart Labels that actually combine the most up-to-date UHF inlays with a variety of thermal printing materials, including thermal transfer or direct thermal printing and chip encoding. Applications include:
- Inventory Management
- Asset Tracking
- Consumer Goods Distribution
- Document and Record Tracking
- Thermal Ribbons produce crystal-clear, smear-proof text and barcodes on an array of materials (paper and film) by combining Honeywell’s thermal transfer ThermaMAX™ ribbons with co-engineered labels and tags. Products include:
- TMX1000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
- TMX2000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
- TMX3000 ThermaMAX Thermal Ribbons
- Wristbands are resistant to hand sanitizers and other cleansers, providing tamper-evident features, positive patient identification and even patient comfort. Products include:
To prove how serious we are about supporting your most extreme printing demands, we are offering a FREE PRINT MEDIA SAMPLE KIT! Simply complete the online form, and your kit will be sent to you free of charge. There’s absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain! Learn how >>
Let Informs help you take back control of your time and your money – for FREE!